Hw can I recover my Yahoo account if I don’t know the answer to the security question?

Rodgers Odipo January 4, 2013

My Yahoo account when I log in in it doesn’t accept the password. I tried several times and I have some emails that require to be replied to. I am requesting if there is a way I can open it without answering the secret questions, since I can’t remember them clearly. Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

1. STEPHEN MAINA GATHOGO

MY NAMES ARE STEPHEN MAINA GATHOGO MY ID NO 6446697, I AM KENYAN CITIZEN AND I KNOW THE SECRET QUESTION BUT FORGOTTEN THE PASSWORD FOR YAHOO MAIL AND GMAIL. NOW HOW CAN ACCESS MY DATA FROM THE OLD MAILS?

2. Celestine Chiajunwa

i have pending mails, but cannot gain access to my yahoo account, can I be helped to recover my verification code and answer?

3. Celestine Chiajunwa

How could I recover my security code and test answer since I cannot feed yahoo with neither this code nor the test answer.

4. jeremiah

i didn't access my password on facebook account after i change it ! pls help me to recover my password ..

Thanks in advance !

5. Robert Gathuru Wainaina

Thanks in advance!

6. Christine St Syr Griffin

Do you have a secondary email address or phone number on file? They will email or text you a reset code. If you dont which i did not at one point, i started trying different ways and found that if i logged in from yahoo with my gmail account, it worked both accounts were current at the time. Or just go to yahoo help and make them do it for you, its a pain to find tho i would try accessing with gmail first.
    Good luck, christine

If you have entered an alternate password then yahoo can send you an email through which you can change your password.

8. Micheal

alternate email address can be helpful. and maybe you can also contact yahoo, if they reply you.

• juvelyn

please help me,i forgot the secret quistion but i remember the password and and my yahoo id.can you help me?

Perhaps the below link could be helpful to gain access to your account in another way -

http://www.facebook.com/help/189150081132128/

Recover your Yahoo! ID or password using your alternate email address or security questions
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN2081

How to reactivate or recover a deleted Yahoo! ID or Yahoo! Mail account
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN2624&impressions=false

Fix Hacked Yahoo Account
    http://moonrivers.com/?p=365
    In case of a hacked account send a mail describing your problem to account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com. If this doesn’t help, call Yahoo: 1-408-349-1572, or 866-562-7219 then press on #2 explain to a customer service person what happened. They will ask you to do certain things and then they compare your original info with the changed info. Within 24 hrs you should get your account back!

10. Ahmed Musani

There is one solution. Have you entered your alternate mail? If yes there is a option. if you use that option saying "recieve code". if you select that they will send a code to your alternate mail so you can recover your account.
    The recieve code option appers right below the security question page.