Why is my HTML code not publishing correctly in my browser?

Carol Curtis July 13, 2011

This is the page I am experiencing difficulty with where the HTML code is sitting half way down the page and also off the page.
http://auntieaunties.webplus.net/foodsourcesinvitamins.html

Normally, when I add HTML code, I can place it in the position where it should go but this is not happening and this is the results I am getting. Now when I want to add more HTML codes on to other pages, it is doing the same to other pages.

The software is from Serif WebPlus. They have informed me it could be the cache, which I have cleared, but also I have added some other HTML code from Google, which is not part of the Google ads, but secondary ads which can be placed on a page in addition to the normal Google ads. Would these additional HTML codes be giving me this problems, although they are still HTML code from Google?

Thank you!

Webplus have indicated to me that they do not support third party HTML code and on the previous pages to the one in question I have some HTML code from Google, which is not the same as the HTML image or text codes ads. But what they refer to as a Google friend, where you can place these ads on the page in addition to the normal Google ads.

Could these secondary Google ads be causing the problem?

Hi Carol,

The problem with many of these "no-html experience required" apps is that they never really work perfect. When you try to place something in the wysiwyg screen, it almost inevitably ends up somewhere else - never exactly where you want it. This is because they use different methods to try to format the page. Some are better than others.

In this case, you've got two DIV sections placing your google code:

--->Google Code Deleted<-----

Do you think the position defined in the code makes sense given where you tried to place it on the screen? Were you aligning left?  

Troubleshooting these issues is always very difficult because often the background code is a mess. I do notice that yours is at least organized fairly well. Without really watching you design the page, it's difficult to help further... It could just be that the HTML code you're attempting to insert conflicts with their template-code...

"top:2546px;" is wrong - thats pushing it way down from the top of the element. perhaps you added an extra digit here. 
      I would like to add that these kind of WSYWYG creators do create absolutely hideous web pages, and your page is also far too full of ads as it is. If you want to really get into this blogging and web page making, I'd go straight for a free WordPress.com blog and stay well away from this horrible webplus software.