Where can I use the html code provided for a contact form?

BECKY WOODGATE May 16, 2010

I built a contact form at mycontactform.com, but I don’t know where to paste the html. Like I understand, the html needs to be pasted in a web hosting site in order for my form to display and function properly. Does anyone know any free web hosting site where I can paste the html? Any help?

1. fruitgeek.wordpress.com

Try out 007sites.com- you can get about 700mb of hosting with ftp. You get a subdomain something like yoursitenamehere.007sites.com. Then use a program like Nvu (free, net2.com/nvu) to make an HTML file. There should be a code box or HTML snippet button. Paste the code in before the tag. You should be able to move the widget around on the page. Go to File and save it as index.html. Then find where you saved it: there should be index.html and index_files (the latter is a folder which may not exist in your case- but check, the former a file) On windows, you can use filezilla to FTP upload the document to your website, on mac use cyberduck. Then go to your site at whatever URL you signed up for and your contact form pops up.

If you want a website, there are not very many free websites. (At least not domains. A domain is http://www.yourname.com) You can get some free subdomains (www.yourname.theirname.com) at some websites such as: http://www.000webhost.com/
    This is very limited, though, and I don't think that the site builder allows you to paste in code. You can design your own website in Dreamweaver, for example, and upload it to 000webhost using an FTP program like FileZilla Client. If you want your own domain, there is normally a price of average $5 a month. If you are interested, I can host your website for $2 a month.

3. Taty

You can also use Blogger.com or any of the free web hostings suggested above. You need to view the page as HTML and paste the code there. It won't work if you post it directly on the place where you type normal text.

Do you have a website? If you do, find the page or file that you want to put the form in, next find whereabouts the form should go, and paste the code in there.

Pretty much any hosting provider would work for you.

To me, it sounds like you don't have a website - and a contract form is useful if you do.

Any questions, let us know.

Or, you could create a HTML page, insert the code there, sign up at one of the free web host discussed here:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-7-easy-and-free-web-hosting-services/
    And upload the HTML page there.

One of the easier possibilities is to sign up in one of free blog services out there. Since I'm most familiar with WordPress I'd recommend WordPress.com

Then you can create a post/page and paste the HTML code there.

7. Steve Campbell

Becky,

If you're looking for a place to create a blog with additional pages I would recommend WordPress.com. If you're just looking to build a quick website, check out Weebly and Webs.