Should I get an HTC Desire or an iPhone?

Jon June 12, 2010

I need to choose this week, I know all about both of them, but can’t make my mind up!

Jon,

so which phone did you get?

2. Hristo Barakov

Personally I'd go for HTC Desire.

3. Bradley

Get the iphone

I've briefly used both phones, and if I would choose, I would go for the HTC Desire

Jon,

I have neither of the two phones. However, I have an opinion about the iPhone and a HTC Touch Pro, so I went through a similar decision making process a while ago. :)

I decided for the HTC because I'm used to Windows and I couldn't live without a right-click menu and copy&paste. Not sure the iPhone meanwhile supports copy&paste, but that was one killer argument for the HTC!

The iPhone is great if you want things to be simple and just work. While that sounds like a pro argument, it also means that you have very little control.

Then I learned that any application on the iPhone can be removed by Apple, if they decide so. In other words, not only do I have little control, the truth is they control my phone. Killer.

Of course the iPhone is very popular and does a lot of great things with very little effort. Windows Mobile is more work and there may be less cool and free apps to choose from.

The question is, what do you want to use the phone for and how much time do you want to invest setting it up etc.