How can I get HP QuickWeb to work?

Ben July 14, 2010

So I did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro on my HP DV7 4070us to get rid of the bloatware that came with the system. It did have Quick Web installed however, after I did the install it won’t come back up.

I backed up the folder, but it didn’t contain any installation files. So, I downloaded sp47192.exe and it did create a partition but it never starts. Inside the OS I only get the Quick Web help files, but nothing else, no GUI, no interface into Quick Web.

I know that it won’t start Quic Web inside of Windows, but I used to be able to enable/disable QuickWeb from within Windows 7. I enabled QuickWeb in my BIOS as well. Nada. Any ideas?

1. Azasad

Well, before I was having trouble turning it even on! So what was your way of turning it on? There was a way where you can download it and select from programs.. But when your computer if fully off.. Press the Web key, Most is the f5 key. 

2. Azasad

Ben, 

if you have either a HP or Compaq computer, while the computer is off, press the internet key, for me its f5 it has like a picture of a world so press the button and it will work

3. Kautilyasave

plz @tina could u suggest me how to install quick web on hp dv6 3053tx touchscreen version ..i just did clean install & lost quick web setup & plz help me with download link & any instructions to follow..!!

I'm afraid I have no experience with this device. All my knowledge about Quick Web is inside this thread, either posted by myself or others. All I could do is repeat that to you, but you could just read it yourself.

If none of this helps you to enable it, feel free to ask a new question. Mention what you tried and that or better yet why it didn't work. You will receive responses within hours.

4. Jhonnylaw11

i have a hp pavilion g series and i had quick web  but when i shut it down and went on it back in a hour the quick web was gone and i cant go back on it anymore and i was really enjoying it aswell

5. Robert Cook5730

I bought a HP Mini 210-2015LA notebook that came with Quick Web already installed.  But the quick web start page is always displayed.  Isn't there a way to have the quick web menu framing the screen and a screensaver displayed with the desktop showing at the same time?

6. avavs

Enable IOS in BIOSConfirm that IOS is enabled in the BIOS by completing the following steps.Power on the notebook and repeatedly pres F10 to enter the BIOS setup utility.Use the right and left arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration menu.Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate to Boot Options , and then press the enter key.Navigate to Instant-On and select Enabled .If desired, update the value for Delay to Boot Windows .The HP IOS program is now enabled within the notebook BIOS utility.
    Enable QuickWeb in IOSConfirm that the IOS is configured to automatically launch within the Windows environment by completing the following steps.In the Windows environment, click Start , All Programs , IOS , IOS Configuration Tool .Select Enable IOS .If you choose to select Enable OS countdown timer , set the timer to at least 10 seconds to allow enough time to use QuickWeb before Windows automatically loads.Back to top
    Reinstall missing IOS or QuickWebIf the IOS was previously configured and QuickWeb worked properly but has now stopped working, the program can be reinstalled using the HP Recovery Manager. Reinstall the program using the Recovery Manager, by completing the following steps.Click Start , All Programs , Recovery Manager , Recovery Manager .Select Software Program Reinstallation , and then select Next .Select HP IOS, and then select Next.

7. Darko Svizec

1.Make a FAT32 partition (5GB min), primary 2.Install QuickWeb in this partition 3.Restart 4.Done

8. A.Gamal

hey Guys
    I had the same problem but I think I found something
    I'm installing Quickweb on HP_TOOLS partition so:
    1- if your partition is NTFS then you've to format it as FAT32
    2- if your partition is Logical convert it to Primary
    Those steps can be done by "EASEUS Partition Master" it's a free software

Befor doing that I had the ugly error of "501"
    but now I could reach the logo of "HP Quickweb"

it keeps showing the logo for long time and I get no respond
    but I think it's something belonging to my laptop

if you may try, you could reach a better result and maybe it'll work perfect for you

greetings

Thanks for sharing your solution!
      Looking forward to feedback from people who try it.

• sukhi kemet

Hi Tina,
        There are 2 thinsg going on here. One is the QuickWeb software, and the other a later version called Instant Web. These 2 versions are the reason why there is so much confusion.

The QW does not allow you to install on anything other than a separate, primary, FAT32 partition called HP_TOOLS. It does not have a configuration tool either.

The IW is more flexible. It allows installation on any drive you want, (including C) any format. It has a configuration tool (in start menu shortcuts and in Control Panel).

However, BOTH have one issue : They need to be installed BEFORE reinstalling windows. This seems to be because they dont have a way of adding an entry into the Boot Loader of Windows 7. Without this entry, it will not come into play even if its nicely installed, regardless of what you do to the BIOS, SysEdit, AutoExec or anything else.

(I tried adding it in manually using EasyBCD, but it doesnt work either. So dont bother trying.)

Hope this clears the air somewhat, and stands as a record of what works and does not. Cheers.

9. Ezquerro

I have this same :( any idea??

Ezquerro,

I'm afraid I'm at my wit's end when it comes to HP QuickWeb. Did you try any of the solutions suggested above?

10. Goleqasedak

Hi, I have a hp probook 4520s and I downloaded quickweb from hp.com
    I instaled it and it didn't ask me to choose a drive, it creat new partition and named it HP_TOOLS.
    after finishing instalation I restarted my pc and nothing! windows boot as before.
    I tried to find options in BIOS but there was nothing about quickweb!
    what am I missing? what should I do?

11. boody

for your partiotion. the file system should be fat32

12. Md Ariful Islam

How
    to solve HP probook 4520s bios application error 501 on windows 7 ( 32
    bit ). I am not able to
    use either QuickWeb or QuickLook. I need your help to solve the issue. u have 
    also downloaded QuickWeb soft and install it . But when i power on and click F6 (quick web ) button  it shows bios application error 501.... pls help me .....

13. Md Ariful Islam

How
    bit ). I am not able to

14. Bhanie

Hi Tina. I'v bought a new Hp Probook 4520s notebook pc but i am not able to use either QuickWeb or QuickLook. I need your help to solve the issue. I have checked all the BIOS settings and they are as per instructions. i also downloaded different versions of QuickWeb from Hp website and successfully installed but nothing helps to solve the issue. when ever i press the key for QuickWeb i get an error as "selected application is corrupted or missing. Error 501" Help me please as I'v got sick of searching the solution :(

15. Sandeep

Hi everyone.i have got hp pavilion dm 4t-1000.Can anyone tell me which version of hp quickweb should i download?

Sandeep,

I would recommend to just try those you can find. It won't break anything, it might just not work. Did you try to search Google for QuickWeb AND "your computer model"? That could give you a hint. Good luck!

16. Max

Hi.
    I've HP 2540p with two keys dedicated to execute Quicklook and Quickweb.
    WinXP was installed into the first partition and HP software was installed into the second partition (labelled HP_TOOLS).
    After I managed hard disk, I'd these partions:
    partition 1 (primary) win XP
    partition 2 (primary) win 7
    partition 3 (logical) Ubuntu 10.10
    partition 4 (logical) Ubuntu 10.10 temp
    partition 5 (primary) "HP_TOOLS".

After upgrade quickweb from internet (installed from winXP), in that position, Quickweb didn't run. So I moved its partition between partition 1 and 2. Now it is ok.

Now I want to customize Quickweb to connect WWAN by other profiles that system haven't.

Max

Max,

I'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence. Which other profiles? What is WWAN?

Either way, I recommend that you submit a new question. Please click the Ask a Question button in the sidebar: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers

17. slowdribble

My QW machine is an hp 110-3018 and comes from the factory with a SYSTEM, an HP-TOOLS, a RECOVERY and! a windoze 7 partitons (all primary). The boot and system partitions are NOT one and the same! as has been customary. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume_Boot_Record and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Boot_Record.

I suspect the same geography is required for your drives and that the drive does not have 4 partitions. Often fresh installs of OS's are greedy and consume as much drive space in as few partitions as possible. The repair of a system (complete QW, TOOLS, W7) should account for this but unfortunately there is no COMPLETE remedial manufacturer restoration.

The fact both fixmbr and fixboot are sometimes needed to modify 2 partitions for W7 shows this schizo volume partitioning that splits up a drive.

The following is at this point hypothetical, and I have a very pragmatic need for determining exactly where the QW iamge is but ... : The SYSTEM volume is not visible but i suspect holds a chaining loader with a resident QW image. If the QW is not run and bypassed then the SYSTEM partition boot chains to the W7 resident partition and completes loading W7.

I need to patch QW as it is missing drivers (BT, external video, scrolling mouse pad, ...) and it's FF browser is crippled etc.

18. Milesc

hey i just got a new hp mini 210 with quick web but i removed a lot of pre installed programs along with quick web not knowing what it was. does anyone know where i can download it. thanks

Milesc,

you can download it from HP. Just go to the website, select your country, then click on support & drivers, in the form click that you want to download drivers and software, enter your product details, operating system etc. and you should end up with a list of drivers and software for your HP Mini. Worked for me.

Let us know whether it works for you. Good luck!

• Jamie

Hi Tina..

I'm a bit frustrated right now.. how come my HP QuickWeb installer doesn't give me choice to install on other partition? whenever I run the installer (SP47192) it always ended with "Cannot find target partition, installation is aborted.".. Can you please.. please.. please.. tell me how to change the target to become C:?

Jamie,

I'm afraid I really, really don't know. This is how it worked for me, that's all I can say. Right now, I cannot try it again.

You should get in touch with HP support. It's their software and hopefully hardware, so they should be able to sort it out for you.

Sorry!

• Ichal

hello Tina please help me. i have HP QuickWeb preinstalled in my laptop (HP Pavilion) and it was working before i had problem with my laptop and fixed it in HP Service Center in my city. now everytime i open HP QuickWeb configuration tool to enable the HP QuickWeb a window will open and say 'GetCMOSinfo returns FALSE' (before i fixed my laptop it wasn't there). do you know how to fix it Tina? thankyou

Ichal,

I would call the HP service center and ask them what they did to the computer that could have caused this problem. I have no idea what this error message means.

My guess is that they disabled QuickWeb in the BIOS, that's what 'CMOS' hints to. Maybe they made a BIOS update or reset the BIOS when they repaired your laptop.

Reboot the computer, click whatever key is necessary to load the BIOS (e.g. F2 or ESC) and check the settings there.

If you find a way to fix it, let us know how you did it. Thank you in advance!!!

• sukhi

Hi Tina,

• Smoove

Okay, Like many of you, I decided to wipe my system to upgrade from XP to Seven and in the process I lost quickweb and like many of you, I racked my brain trying to find the right download for my Mini 210 and to make a short story long....

I installed at least 4 different versions of the quickweb software and kept getting nowhere, I kept seeing the help files in the 'Programs' menu and rebooted and even made sure bios had it enabled....

I tried every fix in the book and none of them worked, I repartitioned and reinstalled windows and linux and everything else I could think of in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Finally I stumbled onto this one link and Bada Bing! I'm back in business.... so needless to say I came back here to post this fix in hopes that it will save someone else a lot of time and heartache.

just go here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P726HDYK and download this file (approx 500MB) then unpack and run setup and BADA BING!

Smoove

• Asher

I managed to download and install this quickweb from the link suggested by "Smoove". Able to select the drive to install, which I selected C: as suggested. However quickweb couldn't start, it just hanged, with blank screen, after reboot. My notebook is HP Mini 110-3100 series running Windows 7 Home Premium.

-Asher-

Folks, HP has a very easy to use and free online support system. Since I really don't have a solution (it just worked for me) I suggest that you talk to an expert.

Try this: http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/contact/chat_1.html
    Please adjust your country / language and select 'Software' from the list of supported products to proceed.

20. Samiryadav

well same problem with me also......i formatted the whole drive,made 4 partitions 100gb ,200gb,150,150
    and a 2 gb partition created by Hp system diagonistic software.i installed win 7 ultimate on 100gb partition.
    when i try to install HP Quick Web,it installs on it automatically installs on Hp_tools (2gb) partition created by hp system diagonistic.it do not asks for location before installing.

if someone finds solution please do post here

21. Sub Zero_007

hi Tina.., i got a HP Pavilion DV6-3013cl .., i formated my hard drive.., installed windows 7 ultimate 32bit.., and now i have 4 partitions plus a partition which was not formated called : system reserved ..., after that i tried to install HP QuickWeb .., it said that it need to create a HP_TOOLS partition.., so i clicked ok.., then it said "you have already four partitions.., process is aborting''
    can u help me?

To be honest, I have no idea what is going on there. It sounds like you cannot create more than four partitions, but that doesn't make sense. Anyways, did you try to merge two partitions, so that you only have three? That's pretty easy to do in Windows 7.

22. Jubiladofuture

well thanks anyway..maybe tell me the model of your laptop for downloading the file from hp..if it works I´ll write immediately..if it doesn´t work..well I Leave it exactly how it is..other thing when I Installed quickweb and it finish I restart my laptop..when laptop begins not charging the OS immediately but nothing happens just black screen, so I have to restart, press esc and choose boot from hard disk..just telling u in case..

• asterix

I mean there is something with partitions rules - HP Probook with win7 preinstalled, with quickweb full functionality - there are 4 partitions on HDD - c, hp quickweb, hp tools, system(recovery), all works fine. After we decide to create new partition for data and resize partition C - we must all partition assign to dynamic. After that HP quickweb doesnt work. When we tryed to reinstall HP Quickweb, we have no chance to change drive letter. Or via system tools or manually, there is no option to choose/change drive letter, partition inastalation. Conclusion - or to recreate c partition as it was without D partition and revert it back from dynamic, nor delete partition HP quickweb and install Quickweb on C partition.
      That s what I know about

• Hitchings D

Hello, I was wondering if you could give me information about your "Quickweb" partition. My computer didn't come with it pre-installed, but it should have. If I can recreate the partition correctly, Quickweb should install without any trouble. (Size, Primary or not, Formatting, etc. You can find this out by downloading EaseUS Partition manager.) Thanks!

23. Jubiladofuture

Hi.."even it created the partition" it means that the software create the partition if u don't have it, if u choose not then it cancels installation..I tried again to install QuickWeb on my system partition, not on a separate one and it didn't work, so I create a partition and later install the software on the same partition as windows 7 and not working..let me ask u something..do u have the software o the page for downloading maybe If I install the same software that u used, I can do it work..thanks for your patience

I downloaded it directly from HP. I have a HP laptop, it came with Windows 7 Starter. I formatted the hard drive, installed Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, then installed QuickWeb downloaded from the HP website.

I have no idea what your problem could be. If the system partition is large enough for QuickWeb and if QuickWeb installed properly and is enabled in the BIOS, it should work. Don't know why it would want to create a separate partition for you.

24. Jubiladofuture

Hi again and thanks for responding..In the Bios the QuickWeb is enable all options and not working, I instaled all versions Quickweb from HP (sp46601, sp46834, sp47192, quickweb_mini210, sp44775) and still nothing..and windows also see the options and they are enable..what do u think?

Re-reading your first question I wonder what you mean by "even it created the parition"? You should install QuickWeb on your system partition, not on a separate one. It can only boot if it's on the same partition as Windows 7.

25. Jubiladofuture

Tina plz help me..I have a HP Pavillion DV7Z and I did a clean installations of Windows 7 32bits I downloaded HPQUICKWEB, When launching the Quickweb installation everything going fine even it created the partition but the program not working..I dont know why...I have investigated by internet and nothing..HP said that the program working with the original system..I tried everything I Hope you can tell me the solution

You have to enable QuickWeb in the BIOS. Enter BIOS on bootup and see whether you can find an option to enable QuickWeb. Please report back whether or not you could get it to work. Thanks!

• guest

When i bought my computer that option was there. Now i cant see the quickweb option in BIOS. Please Help!! I really enjoyed quick web!

• Patryk Stefa?ski

I have the same problem. I cant find quickweb option in BIOS

• Quest4karthi

Karthi,

Hello all,If you have any doubts regarding Quickweb,just post here.i will give you solution.
        I am core member of Quickweb Team.

Thank you so much for this offer!

• Sparshandsanchi

can u plz help me to install hp quickweb on touchsmart tm2-2108tx, i repartitioned the drive and installed win7 but not able to install hp quick web

26. MousePad

I'm having this exact same problem, and like Joyeuxcroissant, I don't get any chance to change the drive letter.

Joyeuxcroissant was able to fix it. What do you mean you cannot change the drive letter? During installation? As long as you install on the system drive / partition it should work. Quick Web also has to be enabled in the BIOS.

• Bojan

please see the comment above

27. Joyeuxcroissant

Yess! It worked like a charm! The solution is always simple. Thanks Tina!

Glad it helped!

• hp_user

"You should install it on C:"
      Where at installation process can you change drive letter?

• Bojan

I had also problems with installingenabling HP quickweb. It got stuck with creating the partition- it never installed quickweb

Here is how it functioned for me (after a lot of tries and errors)

1. Enable Quickweb in BIOS (see somewhere else for this)
        2. Do not have an extra partition along your system partition (where Windows is installed).
        3. Create a new partition, with FAT32. Not more than 10 GB. I named it HP_tools, just in case
        4. download the latest Quickweb files from HP
        5. Extract them in the new partition HP_TOOLS
        6. run setup (it never questioned me where to install). it installed in HP_tools
        7. restart your pc
        8. I activate my quickweb through a button (I have HP 4530s)

Hope it works for some of you

28. Joyeuxcroissan

My situation is almost the same. I now only have the Windows 7 bootloader partition and Windows 7 partition. When launching the qQuickweb installation, it asksme on wich partition I want to do my install, like said here. Do I have to choose the partition C:? It seems strange to me to install another system on the Windows partition. What about HP_TOOLS?

Thank you in advance!

I'm on HP mini 210-1083ca.

You should install it on C: if that is your system partition. That's what I did and it always worked. Due to some other issues with my HP mini I ended up installing QuickWeb, which always worked without a flaw, at least three times, once on a new hard drive.

Ben,

I have a HP netbook and did several hard drive formats and clean installations of Windows 7, followed by a re-installation of Quick Web. It never created a new partition. Could you please explain what you mean with that?

Does Quick Web appear in your installed software? Did you try to remove it and install it again? Maybe something went wrong the first time.

I never had any issues with installing Quick Web on this one laptop, so I'm afraid those are all the suggestions I have.

Just one more thought. When you install Quick Web you need to choose which partition you want to install it on. Did you choose your system partition and is your system partition on C? Maybe it gets confused with the drive letters when C isn't the system partition.

Please let us know in case you were able to solve the issue. Thank you!

• Shiyazahammed

I installed in my Desktop HP PC , but i could not see QuickWeb.....

• Bhanie

Bhanie,

It sounds like you did everything right, but I don't know your hardware or the differences between QuickWeb versions.

Did you enable QuickWeb after installing it in Windows?
        One thing though, what is the QuickWeb button you are talking about?
        Doesn't QuickWeb start automatically (before Windows) when you reboot your computer?

If you are not able to figure it out, I recommend that you contact HP customer support. They should be able to solve this issue with you or tell you which version of QuickWeb to use and what settings to make exactly.

• Bhanie

Tina,
          I got it done by myself :)
          I had partitioned my HDD when I bought my probook and it changed the HDD type form BASIC to DYNAMIC. I read it somewhere that HP Quick features don't work when HDD is DYNAMIC. What I actually did to solve this problem is conversion of HDD from DYNAMIC to BASIC again. To do this, I removed the new partitions and converted my HDD to BASIC using EASEUS PARTITION MASTER HOME EDITION V8.01 and re-allocated the unused HDD into C:
          Now QuickWeb is working like a charm. Thumbs up. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks ;)

Thank you very much for sharing your solution, Bhanie! I will have to keep that in mind.

• Nrobertson7219

You need to ensure that quick web is enabled in the system bios.  You can access the system bios by pressing the F10 key while the system is booting.

• Patryk Stefa?ski

I have a problem. I have a HP pavilion g6 with quickweb but i dont know how to enable Quickweb in BIOS. I cant find an option to enable it.

• Nrobertson7219