Why does my HP printer try to reinstall with every Windows startup?

Ruth H July 8, 2011

Every time I turn my computer on, the HP 3200 software tries to reinstall. How can I stop this?

1. Alfredfwalsh Walsh

All HP products are eligible for free tech service, there very easy to deal with and have you up and running in no time, this is one of the main reasons I buy from HP . GOOD SERVICE and we all know what bad service is like

When you have the right number, you can get great local tech support from HP. Unfortunately, most of their support is outsourced, and my experiences with that were horrible!

• Dave

for the most part, you get what you pay for.. with that said, HP is still better than the rest in customer service and quality.

2. Ruth H

Thanks, the msconfig fixed it.  Quick work guys, I should have known that, but you were a big help.

Hello, is your printer installed and working properly?  Did you follow the installation instructions that came with your printer?  If your printer is working properly you could use the MSCONFIG utility to disable the hp software at startup.  That would stop the installation. 

-- Start computer
    -- click on start
    -- click on run
    -- type:
      msconfig on box that appears
    -- uncheck any entry for HP
    -- click on ok
    -- restart computer when asked

Uninstall the driver then reinstall aagain and see if the same problem exists

Otherwise maybe updates are not fully installed so it keeps coming

Start > Run > msconfig > startup tab, uncheck the HP update program.