Why does my HP notebook not turn on anymore after running an update?

mary August 26, 2011

It was already having problems such as running slow, internet connections, and etc. The night before, I was shutting my computer down and it says that it was installing an update, after that then it shut down, and I put it on the charger.

The next morning, I was about to get on it, and I took it of my charger, and it will not cut on. So I kept it off the charger for most of the day tried again, and nothing happened. I took the battery out, didn’t work. I checked my motherboard and see if all the things on it was functioning right and that nothing was out of place, it still didn’t work. I out it back on the charger and the light was on and when the light is white it’s completely charged, and it was so I took it back off the charger and nothing happened.

So if you can give me any options on how to fix it please let me know. Thank you :-)

Mary,

were you able to turn on your notebook with the tips Jay provided? Please let us know!

30-60 seconds :)

1. remove battery and unplug from AC

2. press power ON button for 30 secs.

3. release power ON button

4. attach battery and plug in AC

5. power ON as normalĀ 

it worked for many people..test your luck :)
    if it does not work take it to the doctor...graphics or hardware problem may be !