Why did my HP network printer stop working?

Dennis Robison August 29, 2010

I used to be able to connect via my MacBook Pro to my HP Photosmart D7200 printer, but now it won’t print. The printer link is still on the computer, but it won’t make a connection through the network. How do I restore it?

Hey Denni,

Didi you manage to fix the connection issues with your printer? How did you do it?

Aibek

well u are not telling us all the symptoms of ur problem... i mean kindly let me know what kind of connection u r using. wired or wifi. this type of problem if happened in wired printer (a printing cable attached to your notebook's printer port) than simply check the printer cable. it might have damaged due to cuts or bends. try to replace it and then see if it works or not.
    if this doesn't work try to replace your printer connection with a desktop pc. if it works with it then it prooves one thing. you have issues with your notebook.

if it still doesn't work then try to check the drivers of the printer with the help of drivers updating softwares. scan the system and do the necessary updates. then see if it works or not.

if even this fails then we come to this step.

in case of wifi network printer- there might be a problem with your wifi adapter card. try to check the settings or driver updates. if it occurred after a recent update try to uninstall the driver and install the origianal version whick came with printer cd. see if this works or not.

Also check your firewall and antivirus settings. undo any change which may cause the printer to stop its work.