Why is my HP crashing?

hurd.da December 22, 2011

I have an HP A143ON that came with XP. It started crashing so I reinstalled XP three or four times, and it didn’t help. I installed Windows 7, that didn’t work. I installed a new hard drive, that didn’t work. Microsoft told me to go back to XP, but now my computer is so messed up I can’t run anything at all. I was thinking maybe it’s my motherboard?

possible you will need to flash BIOS? see if CMOS battery still good otherwise replace. Maybe motherboard is no more okay.

Hello, if the error you are getting more often is the following: 0x0000008e, I would check the RAM.  How many sticks of RAM do you have installed?  How much RAM do you have installed?

If you have more than one stick of RAM, make sure to leave only one stick in the slot and uninstall the rest.  Make sure to get a program to check for memory errors like the following:

http://www.memtest.org/

Download the ISO image and burn it to a cd.  Start computer from cd/dvd and run a memory test.  Leave it running for a few hours.  If that stick comes up clean an without errors, set it aside.  Uninstall this stick and install a different stick and do the same as before.  Test any stick of RAM separately.  If there is any errors on any of sticks, do not use it.  Only use the ones that come up clean.  Once you have the good working sticks sorted, install them.  Run a final check with the software above with all the sticks installed.  If results are clean and error free, start a new installation of XP. 

As an alternative, you can check every stick individually in the following way:

-- leave one stick install
    -- restart computer
    -- see if computer starts ok without BSOD or errors
    -- uninstall stick and install a different one by itself
    -- restart computer
    -- see if it restart ok
    -- if any start up fails when a particular stick is install, make sure not to use that stick....that is the culprit for your BSOD.

You are mentioning more than one error, start troubleshooting this one, and hopefully this one will get sorted, and we can troubleshoot the other ones as they come.

Do you get a crash/stop error when it faults? If so, what is it? Tell me more about what happens when it crashes. 

• Hurd Da

i get crash/stop 1,1a,7a,8e,c2,a,50 to be truth full i quit writing them
      down.8e more then any others.As for what happens It just turn,s off sometimes i get the BSOD
      sometimes it just reboots without BSOD