How to use laptop from electric source instead of its battery?

DrSunil Vaswani March 13, 2013

How to use laptop from electric source instead of its battery? The laptop is CQ 42 Presario.

1. Nitesh Badala

plug in charger when you access your system once your battery got fully charged then it automatically grab energy from electric source.

• Tina Sieber

Why bother to answer a question that has been solved if you cannot add anything helpful?

• Nitesh Badala

i post my answer before solve. if you got late then its not my mistake.check your systems error.

• Tina Sieber

The question was solved on March 14. You posted your comment on March 20.

Some laptops will not run with AC adapter plugged in if battery installed has less than 1% charge. So remove battery and power on computer

• DrSunil Vaswani

I understand

Thanks!

you have two options, plug to the wall or use the battery, now if you are tech perhaps you can apply your electric concept. be aware this can damage laptop hardware beyond recovery.

4. julien croy

All laptops that you buy should come with a laptop charger, if not you probably have to buy one separately. If you can take the battery out, then you can run the laptop, and it will automatically run of the ac adapter. Most laptops would automatically run of the ac adapter even with the battery in.

• DrSunil Vaswani

I voted your answer plus

• julien croy

:), It should work as I have done that in the past, let me know If it doesn't

All laptops that I know of come with a battery charger. Plug it into your laptop then into the electrical socket and you have bypassed the battery (When its fully charged).

Or are we missing the point of the question?

With every laptop I have ever used, all I have ever needed to do was plug in the AC adapter and voila! I was no longer draining the battery. It does not appear that this laptop is special in that regard.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Does your Presario not allow you to remove the battery and use it with the power supply only?

I don't know this model, but from what I can find online, it does come with a removable battery. Would be nice if you could make this point clear.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Thank you

I discovered that battery could be removed and there by could use it with power supply only

Regards,
      Sunil Vaswani

• DrSunil Vaswani

I voted this bounty as best answer