How to rotate an Android tablet game (portrait style) to display in (landscape style) on a TV?

Catherine M April 4, 2013

I attach my tablet to my TV with an HDMI cable to play (exercise) the brains of friends who suffer from Alzheimers and such. Most games (word search, matching, etc.) display on my tablet in portrait mode and show up on the TV screen horizontally. Very few games are orientated in landscape mode. These games do not have an option to play in a different orientation.

Does anyone know how I can turn the image of the game so we don’t have to see it sideways on the TV screen?

1. Catherine McCrum

I will check into all of those apps. Thanks so much.

do notice perhaps it may not work for all games and sometime can drop video framerate, in that case contact the developper for update to be released.

2. vishal

there are many launcher to rorate in potrait or landscape whatever u want eg golauncher ex, nova launcher, nova launcher prime etc this might help u

you can try some software
    Ultimate Rotation Control
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate