How to record Skype video on Windows pc?

Drsunil V December 8, 2013

How to record Skype video on a Windows 7 PC? Is there any innate video-recording functionality within Skype? Or does a software exist which is reputed to work well as a video recorder?

1. Eli Miron

i Use Any Video Recorder (freeware) to record video clips which I cannot dowload.
    Works great.

2. Matt S

I use FRAPS, which is meant to be used to record games, but also works with Skype. It does tend to split videos up into small chunks for some reason (a bug I suspect) but it's pretty easy to link them back together in a video editor afterwards.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. I understand

3. Harry B

Camtasia Studio has a screen recorder which work well, and you can edit the audio/video afterwards if you want, which is handy.

The website is: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

• Drsunil V

Thanks. It's audio video editing sounds useful. Please tell , Does screen recorder to record skype video would use greater resource than a only-skype recorder?

and , would it be less user-friendly than a direct plugin? , as screen recorder would require user to use both programs individually , and then configure screen recorder to select only part of screen with skype

• Harry B

No it's less resource intensive than the only skype recorders other people have mentioned because its code is designed much better and it can basically run in the background once you start recording. It's extremely user friendly, you just drag and drop to select what area of the screen you want to record and then press the big red button to start recording.

• Drsunil V

I understand. Please , can you tell , is there an app to record Skype video on mobile?

4. Silhoutte J

You can record Skype video calls with the program Evaer Skype video recorder.

Evaer supports recording Skype video calls to your hard disk with side-by-side, separate files, audio-only, local-webcam-only and remote-webcam-only mode.? Up to 10 ways Skype group video recording is supported. It's very easy to use with friendly UI.??

You can also use ?Pamela or VodBurner.

Hope this helps?.

There are various video recorder add-ons for Skype. I've tried one or two in the past and they worked, but have never gone into the subject beyond that. A quick search on the internet brought up Evaer and Skype Video Recorder as two possibilities.

• Drsunil V