How to popularize my website or blog for free?

Rama M August 30, 2013

How do I popularize my blog/website, without spamming other websites or blogs?

I would prefer as many solutions as possible, but I don’t want to spend single penny (because I don’t have any money).

2. Erlis D

Just as Justin and Tim said, it's about the content you write on your articles. But also there are some SEO techniques to make your articles indexed by searched engines and also easily findable by the people who are searching for that content. Read more at http://searchengineland.com/21-essential-seo-tips-techniques-11580 and also at https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35291?hl=en
    To add, it's the performance of your site, the design of your site and sometimes in case of blogs, the platform you are using. From my personal experience, I could tell that people are tend to check blogs using WordPress and tumblr, rather than Blogger and other blogging services.

3. Justin Y

Write quality content. Share with your friends and if they share with theirs you'll create more followers. It just takes time. Good luck

4. Tim Brookes

Content content content! I'll say it till I'm blue in the face, but it's true. If you write something that people are interested in, they will come. Just make sure your site is indexable by search engines and that you do a little to promote via social networking. StumbleUpon can be a good source of traffic, but it really takes a while to get going (i.e. a few weeks/months to build up reputation). There's always Reddit for populist stuff, but I'm not the biggest fan of Reddit so I'm not the person to ask about that side of things.

So in a word: "content" :)

5. Justin P

The best thing to do is to write fantastic content. Read other blogs, learn from them, then keep improving your own writing. Once you've written a bunch of great content you know people want to read, start sharing it with friends and family.

But really: focus on your writing. Focus on your images. Focus on your site. Make it great and an audience will find it.

• Rama M

Thanks for the reply . I ll consider it !