How to move a full WordPress website to a new host without any plugins?

garva sharma May 24, 2013

My host has very poor servers and service so I wanna move my website to a new host. Recently, my bandwidth limit was exceeded, so I can’t open my website and install plugins.

So please tell me how to move a full WordPress website to a new host without any plugins.

2. Anurag Jain

Hi Garva,
    I had the Same problem, here's what you could do:
    If you have cPanel then just backup and upload it to the New Host ( and skip the next 3 Steps)
    Copy all the Files.
    Export the Database.
    Import the Database at the New Host
    Edit the Variables in the wp-config.php
    And you're done !

3. jack_cola

Hello garva,

If your bandwidth is exceeded, it is likely you will be able to download your files to your computer. So you will need to pay your host to get bandwidth allocated, or wait until your monthly cycle.

To answer your question, use a FTP program, download your files (or if using Cpanel), compress the files and download a zip). Log into your database and export the tablets. Once done, setup your new host (or google my name, and I can find a host for you), upload the files, setup the database, and import your tablets.

Then point your nameservers to your new host.

Done.

• Patrick J

Well, you have skipped a very important step. Well, you also need to update your wp-config.php file to use the new database server for the website.