How to make items automatically download to your micro sd? Samsung Galaxy Ace 2?

December 5, 2013

I just got a 32 GB microSD card because my phone had almost all it’s space filled up (suggesting I delete things, not letting me download items). So, I put the new microSD card in the external card reader and attempted to download an app. However, it still says “insufficient storage available”.  Why is this? Is there a way I can fix this problem so my downloads automatically go straight to my external sd card?

There are several things you can do to decrease internal storage usage, which are to delete excess text/mms messages, emails, clear cache of installed apps, move pics, audio, and videos to your SD card, uninstall unused apps, delete junk or unused downloaded files, etc. ZD Box (free in the Play Store) has multiple tools to help clean and optimize your device. IOBit's Mobile Care app (also free) has similar functions, plus a game booster function. ES File Explorer also has add-ons that provides helpful functions that you may be able to use for cleaning and making room on your internal storage.

Depending on the version of Android you are using, you may not be able to move apps to your SD card. Some versions of Android 4.0 and versions higher will not natively support movement of apps to an external SD card. You would have to root your phone, create two primary partitions on your SD card, then use an app such as APPS2SD III or even ZD Box. There are ways (after rooting your device and creating two primary partitions on your SD card) to automatically install apps to your SD card, such as with the options within APPS2SD III. Unfortunately, there really isn't an easier way to do what you wish to do.