How to make a Facebook like social network?

June 18, 2013

After my first website success, I wanna make a social network like Facebook. I don’t wanna make next Facebook, I just wanna make a social network where users can share photos, videos, status and, and where they can chat with each other and also they can send friend request.

After huge searching, I found that Phpfox and social engine can make these type of social site, but I am not sure. Can you tell me that this is possible without coding skills? And can Phpfox really make a social network like Facebook?

1. Jon Green

Agree with Arpit. It really depends upon whether you're looking to create something commercial-grade, or something small for your own amusement or that of your friends.

But before you embark on this - ask yourself (and tell us!)...why? What's your objective? Yes, you want to create a Facebook-like site, but what's the motivation? What are you planning to achieve that Facebook hasn't?

The key thing is to decide if it's a commercial venture.

If you want to create a commercial-grade site, you need access to people with experience of commercial-grade software and web development, and the aid of a good web designer. (That's not the same as a web developer, by the way.) That's going to cost money, or (if they're your friends) a heck of a lot of pizza and drinks, so be sure you understand how you're going to make money from the result, be honest with yourself about how much, and make a judgement call over whether it's worth the outlay.

2. Arpit Nadda

Well, as per me, if you want to create another social networking website just for fun, i say you follow the advice of Chinmay. But if you really want to create something HUGE, you have to have some coding skills. You must know about HTML, XML, PHP, Javascript, CSS etc. You can avoid learning all these by hiring some programmer but that will cost you some money. That's all I can say.

Source - http://how2posts.wordpress.com/

3. Chinmay Sarupria

It is possible to create social networking site without coding skills. There is a site called grou.ps with the help of which you can create your own social networking site and users can share photo, videos, status. Admin can also upload songs, create albums. Users can chat and send friend requests and for FREE.

http://grou.ps/home

• Laura Claughbaugh

Can you use Facebook clone script where you can edit Facebook and take out options of Facebook and put your own ideas in it.

• manish

not a free method