How to know whether a copy of Microsoft Office on Windows 7 is already registered?

Drsunil V December 5, 2013

And how do I know what, or whose, email it is registered to?

1. Drsunil V

Office was inbuilt , but not sure whether registered or not.

The office.microsoft.com page asks :
    "Office isn’t associated with this account.
    If you’ve already activated Office, sign out and then sign in with the Microsoft account you used to activate Office.
    If you have Office but haven’t activated it, you can use your product key to activate. Activate Office now
    If you don’t have Office, you can buy it in the Office store."

How to know office is registered or not?
    If reg , how to know which email id is it registered?

2. Drsunil V

But if it is already registered , there may be an an email id which verifies registration ( which is commonly done by webservices like fb , gmail )

well you can try to re-register and if it fails then you get the option activate via phone, now depending the situation it may success or fail and if it fails then microsoft will tell you that you are a victim of...

i doubt microsoft release this kind of information
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/default.aspx
    if doubts you have to contatct microsoft support team

• Drsunil V

I understand

4. Alan W

I have never had to register a copy of Windows in the manner you describe i.e. Name or Email. A copy of Windows is usually "registered" to a machine.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Please tell , can it be re-registered on a new email if one does not know original email on which it is registered and it's misplaced licence key is required to re-activate the copy which cannot be used after formatting the device?

I'm not aware of any method to check the registration status of a Microsoft product.
    At the end of the day it also doesn't really matter. Registration is voluntary and is not considered a proof of purchase.

If you bought the product via the Microsoft Store you should see it on the "My Account" page at the Office website. http://office.microsoft.com/

• Drsunil V

hi. I checked at the my account section