How to install Android 4.1 on Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802?

Dhaval Patel November 22, 2012

I want to install Android 2.3 or higher version or Cygenmod on my Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802. Please help.

1. Srinivas

Dont waste your time. None of the custom ROMS which claim to upgrade to Jelly Bean work on the Galaxy Ace Duos GT-S6802.

Please go ahead with flashing only if you see a screenshot otherwise you may brick your device

2. aliraza

well you can but it will be a custom rom try this site :: http://crackerpie.com/

3. zack chow

how can i update my samsung galaxy ace duos s6802 into anroid 4.3

4. chidananda

i wanna convert my phone galaxy duos android 2.3.6 into 4.1. so tell me the require step????

You didn't properly mentioned the model name of your phone.One can guess it to be Samsung Galaxy S duos,ace duos etc.

Kindly specify it so that you can get step by step instructions.

5. shivam

will it work for samsung galaxy ace duos i589?

Looking into the suggestions above,you can be sure that it'll work.For extra security,you can visit the above suggested links and read the phone model described in it.

6. Kulwinder Rouri

You can install any Stock Custom Rom, which suits you and is useful for you. Don't try to install unsupported System it may brick your device. Stock Roms are better and useful they are comes with extra features.
    Check thread for your device on XDA Developers Forum there you will get all the info about this.

7. ROHIT PANDEY

you can not insatall 4.1 on it.....u have to wait for update release

8. Abba Jee

you have to be root to your device
    then try to find a rom for your mobile device from http://www.xda-developers.com
    the rom which you will download from there should have instructions, compatible devices as well

9. Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

At first you have to check whether there is an update of firmware availabe in your region for your cell phone. You can try to update the firmware from your cell phone by going to about option then selecting software update...If want to update from PC then you have to install the latest Samsung Kies software where you will find an option to update the firmware. But you have to connect your phone to PC. If you want to install custom ROM then you have to update or install that manually. Before updating you have to be sure that you know the procedure to update firmware manually otherwise your phone may not work properly.....

10. atul mahajan

Use Official samsung website to check whether this pdate is available or not.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/

11. Nikhil Chandak
  12. Raja Pradeep

I guess JellyBean is not released for your device. So try CynogenMod. Search in XDA forums. good luck.....

• Dhaval Patel

cynogenmod also not supporting my device officialy, so for what phone i have to download the cygenmod...?

Don't download firmware for other phones as it'll brick your phone and would render it useless.

• Kannon Y

CyanogenMod is an open source project, so anyone can come along and build a custom ROM based on it. Aside from CM, there's also AOKP and a few other ROM projects out there.

Susendeep Dutta linked to the best tutorial for modding your phone:

http://www.vickyz.com/update-galaxy-ace-s5830ace-duosace-2-to-android-4-1-1-aokp-jellaxy-custom-firmware/

But, again, you void the warranty if you choose this path - and unless you know what you're doing, it carries substantial risk of breaking your device.

On the positive side, the tutorial was written only a couple months ago, so it's at least based on recent methods. And it's very clearly written.

In my opinion, you should only consider a custom ROM if you plan on upgrading your phone. If something catastrophic should occur, you can then at least just buy a new phone.

If you want to void your warranty by rooting and installing a custom firmware of android 4.1,then follow the steps mentioned in the link below -

14. Rakesh Mishra

first check that there is any official update is available or not if available then goto your nearest samsung store

I guess the default OS that comes with it is Android Gingerbread itself, so I am a bit confused when you say you want to install Android 2.3 or higher version as you already have Android 2.3 installed. However, what I suggest it you can update it to the latest firmware via Samsung Kies of the software update option in your device.

• Dhaval Patel

no update from samsung, i want to update whichever highest version possible....

I guess this model has version 2.3.6 installed which is the latest Gingerbread version. Also I am not sure will ICS be a good choice in the mentioned phones hardware. Also understand if you flash ROM or root the hardware, you will defunct on the warranty. Therefore, if you face any problem, you will not be covered in warranty. Therefore, before taking any action, research and then take your step.

Update Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 to XXLH2 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware
    http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/09/04/update-galaxy-ace-duos-s6802-xxlh2-android-236-official-firmware/