How to increase the download speed of a 80% completed torrent?

Anonymous November 29, 2013

I had downloaded torrent for Tamil short films. The total size is nearly 160 MB.

Up to 135 MB there is no issue. But after that, the torrent stops downloading any further. Download Health is now Zero. It doesn’t download even single kilo bytes after that point.

It always shows that it’s downloading, but doesn’t progress.

What can I do to complete downloading the file?

1. Adam

Your best bet is to leave the client going for a good 24 hour session, sometimes I have gotten lucky and an uploader comes online while I'm sleeping, If you can leave it on longer you might get lucky.

2. Alan W

Torrent downloads rely on seeders, if there are no seeders or very few then your download will not complete as you want it to.

if you have other torrents that download the same time just stop them for a while, you can try to reset router. if the seeders that are downloading this file are at 135 MB then this means that no other seeders got 100% of the file:(

You can't do anything, that's just how torrents work. If the original uploader isn't seeding, it'll get stuck on whatever is available from other downloaders. All you can do is wait and hope the seed returns.