How to have Explorer show thumbnails as “Extra Large” without the folder graphic?

Sylvio D September 14, 2013

I want to remove the folder graphic so only the image appears when seeing the “Extra Large” thumbnail folder option. Is a way to do so? Maybe a third party software? Irfanview thumbnails, Adobe Bridge, all will show folders as yellow icons, but I want to see the images in the folder, before entering them.

If this is impossible, there is a way to select what will appear on the thumbnail?

If I have an image and a text file, it will show a blank ‘page’ graphic on top of the image. I want the image to appear, but it still shows the page even if I add “!!” to the start of the image name, so it is the first thing inside the folder.

Applying folder settings to al l folders is easy. See:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11356-folder-view-apply-folders.html

see if KO Approach can help to see pictures before entering the folder
    http://www.ko-sw.com/Products/Approach/

• Sylvio D

Thanks Hovsep A, Approach is very interesting, I will give it a try. Not exactly what I want, but good in a general way.

• Sylvio D

Alan W, thanks for the answer, but my question is right after doing all you posted (: I need to change the behavior on Extra Large icons.

3. Alan W
  4. Sylvio D

Answering my own question:

Couldnt find a way to remove the folder graphics, but setting the folder for Picutres, then right clicking the folder, going Properties, Customize, Choose File we can choose a file to be the only one appearing on the thumbnail.

Now if I could find a way to automatize the process for my thousand of folders... (the common macro makers wont click automatically on different position on screen for each case, so I dont know how to solve the problem)