How to get rid of “On Behalf of” when sending emails through a second Gmail account?

Jayaraj Perumalswamy March 29, 2013

I have added my job serch email address to my list of authorized email accounts in my personal gmail and I have a auto forwarding of incoming emails on job search email address to my personal email.
I read my personal email and job search email on my one personal single email inbox and when responding to job search emails I pick the job search email address from the “From email” drop down list on compose email
The issue is the recipient sees both my email address as “personal email” on behalf of “job search email” which defeats the purpose of hiding my personal email.
I tried “don’t treat as alias” etc while adding the email account but does not help
Any suggestions?

1. EL

I don't think there is a good solution for you - I've spent hours googling this issue, and eventually gave up.

• jeff

There isn't a good solution that I've found either. Gmail used to be great(er) for managing multiple emails. Now it's not as good due to the "on behalf of" feature it inserts when sending from gmail to an alternate address. Lame. Fix this! Don't make me use Outlook!

2. Flip Wilson

You need to check each email seperately. This is their way of fighting spam.

3. Michael Heffner

Any time you send or respond to an email from Google it will show the sender as the email address you are sending it from. They do this to help combat spam and email spoofing.

The only possible answer I can see is to log in to both accounts. You can however do this with either multiple tabs, gmail has the ability to add an account if you click your name in the upper right of your screen, or use different browsers logging into each one with a different email.

Jayaraj,
    If you are using a GMail's web interface, then Bruce's answer seems the most reasonable. I recently looked into the exact same issue for a client who was using Outlook as her email client, and I found this to be the answer: http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_8407734_disable-send-email-behalf-outlook.html .

5. TalkingBee

You must set up a second SMTP server in Gmail so that it sends through the second one.

Log in using the job search account when replying to those emails instead of being logged in with your personal account.