How to get Gmail working in Outlook from Office 365?

September 18, 2013

I used to have Office 2013 so the PST file was from that program. I decided to use Office 365. All my email addresses work except from one account that I have on Gmail (on another machine, I can get email from this account).

On my Gmail account, I can’t determine if any email is syncing from the Gmail account. In fact, this account shows that the last email ( I sort by date, newest first) is dated 11/16/2012.

Any ideas?

While I don't have Outlook 365, the settings should be the same as for other clients, namely:
    Set up the incoming mail as an IMAP connection (server name imap.gmail.com
    port 993, activate SSL )
    Set up outgoing mail using SMTP (server name smtp.gmail.com, port 587, Use TLS and require Authentication (same user name and password).
    You should be able to test the connection (send a message to yourself from that account, and see that it is both sent and received, then send a message to another address, and send a message from another address just to be on the safe side). If there's a problem in the connection, Outlook should warn you about it. By logging onto GMail on the web, you'll also be able to get a better idea what's going on (are there messages in the inbox which are not showing up on Outlook? Did the message you sent make its way to the "sent" label?) etc).
    If you still can't get it to work, post the error messages etc here and we'll do our best to help.