How to fix completely random bluescreens of death on my Windows 7 32-bit computer?

Fahmeeda B September 7, 2013

Hi All, I have Windows 7 home basic, 32-bit and I have had a blue screen error issue for 3 years. I get different error codes each time. The errors says to “disable in BIOS”, but I am not sure want to do.

I have installed my Windows twice and after installing it would be fine for few days and then it would appear once a week and then 2 times a week. It continually increases in frequency, to the point where it appears 1 or 2 times a day.

I am very new to the computer world and have noticed the following code such as 0X0000000A, etc… please help and if I have missed out any information please do ask I will surely provide it!

In order to help find the information displayed for each of the blue screens, use BlueScreenView: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/bluescreenview.html. "BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version)." This would be the best way to figure out what may be causing your issue. Knowing the filename and version would help in finding a fix. Note: in a few instances, replacing the power supply (desktop computers) with a better one has fixed some BSOD problems. If the power supply has unreliable power, insufficient power, or is starting to fail, it can cause other hardware to have "issues" and may cause BSOD, even though the hardware may actually be fine.

2. Fahmeeda B

Thank u for ur comment. I am waiting for the bluescreen error from 3 days to make a note of the code and am updating the required updates.

Different stop codes and messages have different causes! You will have to provide the exact information on this or the only right suggestion would be to get a new computer.

So first up disable automatic reboot and write down the actual error message and Stop code:
    1. Right-click on "My Computer" and click Properties
    2. click on the "Advanced" tab
    3. click on "Settings" where it says "Startup and Recovery"
    4. uncheck "Automatically restart"
    5. reboot for the settings to take effect

Next time your system bug checks write down the actual error message (it's the second paragraph, mostly all capital string like "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"), write down the stop code (*** STOP: 0x0000000) and if there is a component stated underneath (e.g. "win32k.sys") write that down too.

Once you provided that we can actually try helping you.

• Fahmeeda B

Thank u for ur answer, I will make a note of all the stop code and capital strings and component from now.

it can be faulty RAM or RAM slots, update graphic card.
    Is it only 0X0000000A or other numbers message

5. Alan W

On the blue screen are you seeing something like this? Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If so that can be associated with faulty device drivers or the bios.
    Another cause of the error code can be faulty RAM so I would start with known good RAM and work from there.

• Fahmeeda B

Hi, thank u for ur answer, Let me notice it.