How to find tweets pertaining to a nearby location radius of approximate 100 meters?

Dr.Sunil V June 27, 2013

1. Abhishek D

yes it is !! infact you can try Advanced search option in twitter search

• Dr.sunil V

If I have further queries on your answer I may post

2. Abhishek D

Just try Advance Twitter search
    Like
    books near:"Nagpur" within:15mi

SOMETHINGYOUSEARCHINGFOR near:"CITY Around You Looking For" within:1mi

any way 100 Meter is too low for figure out.

• Dr.sunil V

I tried the twitter search through main search box for books near and within but not a single result

Pl check , are you sure it is in same format as you mentioned with " " and logic commands as you specified?

3. Justin Pot

Does your city have a hashtag? Where I live you can search for "#boulder" and see lots of interesting, local things (and some spam, of course). Find out if there's a hashtag in your town and use it! And if there isn't one...make one.

• Justin Pot

I realize this isn't as precise as you want, but it's cool when it works. Trust me.

• Dr.sunil V

Regarding making hashtag , if a post with hashtag is made , is hashtag created?

• Justin Pot

In a sense, yes – there's no official process for creating a hashtag, besides using it. But the hashtag only becomes useful if enough people join you and start using it.

• Dr.sunil V

Is this using/creating true even for fb hashtags?

• Justin Pot

Yep, the process is identical. Just note that if your privacy settings are high no one outside your friends list wil see your posts.

nearbytweets.com shows you tweets near to your city but i don't think it is bounded to be withing 100 metres.

• Dr.sunil V

On putting keyword in the webpage no tweet resutls were shown