How to find the DVDCSS folder on my computer?
Question by Darrin Long /

How do I find the DVDCSS folder on my Windows Vista Dell Inspirion 6400 laptop. A few days ago I downloaded a software called DownThemAll. Now I have problems watching videos in my DivX, VLC, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player.

I have been searching the web for a fix and found articles on DVDCSS folder. They say to delete this file and it will restore itself, but I can’t find it. Is it a hidden folder? Or something in the command prompt I don’t know? Please help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Nevzat Akkaya

You can get the latest “K-Lite Mega Codec Pack” from here : after downloading it, update your codecs with it, I think it will correct your broken codecs, if any.

Show Hidden Files And Folders

you mean. DVDCSS, folder that libdvdcss creates when it decrypts DVDs?

for vlc try here user name%appdata%dvdcss and username.dvdcss

if you played with region settings more than 3 times, then this can be the issue if you are trying to play region encrypted dvds

if you have problem with playing movies perhaps it is codec problem, normally vlc should be able to play, do try klite mega pack codec.
    Also may be your video card driver is corrupted, go to device manager, locate your graphic card, right click on it choose uninstall (do not delete) the reboot. Windows will reinstalll the driver