How to find a team of developers (not a freelancer) for the development of a Joomla extension?

Giuseppe C October 11, 2013

Hello, I’m committed to look for a team of developers to develop a Joomla extension for implementing the Ushahidi 2.7 web application. The first issue I’ve found is that it seems that nobody is available to do what is supposed: to take on the requirements and start the development. So I’d like to know how to search for the right team that may take on the project. A project that will make available, as it is now for Drupal and WordPress, a crowdmap as Ushahidi for all of the users and developers community. Thank you.

1. Giuseppe C

Hello, thank you for your interest. The point is that they work with Drupal (that already has an Ushahidi module) as regards CMS... do you know some other options please?
    Regards,

Giuseppe :)

2. Guy M

Let me rephrase the question to make sure I understand it.
    You want to hire a team of developers, that aren't freelancers, to develop an extension for Joomla?
    The simplest way to do this would be to hire a web development firm that specializes in Joomla and associated technologies. They should help you define what needs to be done and a time line for doing it. Then they'll get the job done.
    Hope that helps.

• Giuseppe C

Thank you for your interest; since the extension is interesting for many users/developers I wonder if there may be a way to trigger a team to take on the development of the Ushahiidi 2.7.1 API having them the final ownership of the extension; an extension that will be provided commercial (but me as begether) in the Joomla 2.5 extension directory. Thank you.
      Is there anybody knows somebody available to take on a project with that aim in mind?
      Regards,

Giuseppe :)