How to export Mac Mail to Microsoft Entourage 2008?

Alex M December 3, 2013

I am looking for a way to migrate emails from Mac Mail to Microsoft Entourage 2008.

I am both these email clients in Macbook Air with Macintosh OSX 10.8.3.

So far, I have gone through many other solutions available online, but none were satisfactory. There are some very important emails that contain attachments having sizes in 60MB to 100MB.

So how can I transfer these emails from Mac Mail to Entourage 2008?

1. Clark H

Depending on the size of the data to be moved, IMAP would be the best option if it's not too big. Otherwise, you would need to convert the Apple mbox files to a format that Entourage can import. Mail Exporter pro is a good option and not too expensive. You can find it here:- http://www.gladwevsoftware.com/mail-exporter-pro/

I hope this helps.

mail exporter pro, shareware?
    http://mailexporterpro.com/

It would be helpful to know which solutions you have actually tried.

Usually all you have to do is use the Import assistant from Entourage although I have never tried it in this combination (Mail 6.x to Entourage 2008).
    If I recall correctly what you do have to do prior to the import is move the Inbox, Sent Messages and Trash into temporary folders otherwise they won't be imported.

Personally I can't recommend the move from Apple Mail to Entourage especially with attachments that size! Entourage stores all data into a single large database file which likes to get corrupted every now and then. Having a lot and large attachments usually increases this possibility further.
    You are then looking at a boring time consuming rebuilding process during which you cannot use any of the Office applications (they have to read the "Me" contact from this database).

Also worth noting is that if you are using Time Machine for backups you will never really have a reliable Entourage backup unless you close Entourage while TM is running. Otherwise the database will be backed up in an "in use" state which again can lead to corruption upon restore.

Apple Mail or Outlook 2010 ~ that's my personal suggestion.