How to disable sound when I type on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

July 9, 2013

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I’ve been using it for a few hours now. I did a reinitialization to update some stuff (they proposed it to me) and after that, I noticed that whenever I type something (text or adding info or whatever), it makes a little clicking sound to each letter I type.

However, I disabled the sound for when I used the pad. Is it an automatic sound or is there a way to remove it? Maybe just by putting my sound to zero?

If you are using Google Keyboard, then Hovsep A's suggestion will work. Each keyboard has a similar setting that can be accesses in the "Language and Input" settings, or if you are typing and the keyboard is up, pull down the Notification Bar and you can access the keyboard settings by tapping on "Choose input method", then select "Set up input methods". Either way, it brings you to the same settings menu. Otherwise, you can just hit the volume button, tap on the "gear" icon, then slide the System volume down all the way. It will mute all system sounds, but you will still be able to hear your ringtones, message tones, and media sounds if they are turned up.

2. Vipul J

^ Either that way.
    Or if you pull down the notification panel and put your phone into vibrate or silent, that'd stop it too, temporarily of course.

1) Settings click on LANGUAGE AND INPUT
    2) Click on the Gear icon to the right of Samsung Keyboard and select ADVANCED
    3) UNCHECK the box next to KEY-TAP SOUND.