How to configure Hotmail in Android 4.0 native email app?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani December 21, 2012

How to configure Hotmail in Android 4.0 native email app? What are valid server and port numbers in configuration process?

I use the Microsoft Outlook.com client from Google Play. But this is for you.

Instructions for default mail client

Account settings and their level of support will vary across Android phones. While the steps to configure push email with synced contacts and calendar will vary, we have found these steps to work across a number of phones:

1. Select Email client on phone.
    2. Press menu and select Add account
    3. Enter full Hotmail address: e.g. (username@hotmail.com) or (username@outlook.com)
    4. Enter password
    5. Select Manual setup
    6. Select Exchange when prompted for “What type of account is this?”
    7. Domain/Username, enter full Hotmail address: e.g. (username@hotmail.com).
    Note: If the device only says “Domain”, it should be left blank.
    If the device says “Username”, then enter the full Hotmail address.
    (On some devices, the Domain/Username may be pre-populated incorrectly and should be erased.)
    8. Type in password. (may already be filled in)
    9. Server name. Enter: m.hotmail.com for server name.
    (Note: this field may be pre-populated incorrectly depending on device, ie outlook.com).
    10. Make sure box Use secure connection (SSL) is checked.
    11. Select Next
    12. Select desired account options for inbox checking frequency, number of days to synchronize, send email by default, notifications and contacts/calendar sync. Select Next.
    13. Depending on device you may be prompted for account color and account name (e.g. “Hotmail”)
    14. Select Next and your Hotmail is set-up and ready to go!

Sunil,

Just yesterday I have created a facebook page funattechnology, where I would be posting mostly freeware solutions for Windows / Linux and Android. If you want you can check it out at https://www.facebook.com/Funattechnology and tell others also.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

In response to your request :

I have visited the facebook page and also included in my 'Interest List'

I viewed some of your posts on the page like MS Office equivalent for Android , and for Windows

I have posted a question to your post of MS office equivalent for Windows. Kindly acknowledge in that thread

Done it already, the manufacturer of the softwares also mentions Windows 8 under the OS requirement, so it should be compatible.