How to add a ‘How to Download’ feature like MakeUseOf to allow downloading after sharing to my WordPress blog?

Krishna Singh January 1, 2013

I wan to add something similar to guide download on MakeUseOf, in which download link appears after sharing or subscribing. I have a free WordPress blog where I want to share my own created PDF files.

1. Obed Cutaran

Here's the most downloaded plugin for the feature that you're looking for:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/viral-lock-like-google1-or-tweet-to-unlock/1486602?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=WESMASHEDIT&ref=aloofkid

Haven't tried it but 4/5 stars it might be good. By the way it might cost you $16.

2. Macwitty

There is a service called Pay with a tweet
    http://www.paywithatweet.com/
    and it can be used both for sharing on twitter or facebook before downloading

• Krishna Singh

thanks Mac ..

3. Lisa Santika Onggrid

I'm not sure, but I wanna say MUO's system is not prone to exploit. For example, you don't need to actually share the page to be able to download the file (I'm not going to elaborate, but this is true and I discovered it myself accidentally).

• Krishna Singh

Thanks Lisa for your valuable advice.
      But I want to add same feature for my blog and it does not matter if few people download without sharing it but for knowing how to add that is more important.

• Muo TechGuy

It's not really designed to be a ridiculously secure system free of exploit. It just meant to maximise number of shares without too much inconvenience. We want people to download the guide!

• Krishna Singh

So can you explain how to add that or is there any tutorial available on MUO.?

• Muo TechGuy

Google "pay with a tweet" for an easy way. Our system is custom coded using a paid third party platform called Gigya I'm afraid.