How old is my Hotmail account?

Diego Marchetti December 6, 2012

I started feeling really nostalgic when i opened a couple of very old mails from my hotmail account and then started to wander: HOW OLD IS MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT? I remember i was attending primary school, but cant remember exactly when i created the acoount. So my question is: How do i know how old my hotmail account is?

1. Musa Asal

iwant to know how old is my hotmail account and ifit is possible to start reusing it again

If you visit your profile section,you can see the details of your account including date of creation.

Hotmail reserves your account upto 90 days and after that it deletes everything.So,if you haven't accessed it for that long then you might have to part with your account and have to create a new one.

2. Mihovil Pletikos

check your oldest emails....

3. SHIV KUMAR SHARMA

Unable to visit hotmail account.
    on tool bar appear only Account so I am unable to visit my email.

Try clearing cache,cookies and history of your browser and then log-in to see any improvements.

4. Avish Kansakar

only way i can think of is checking the welcome message from microsoft when you opened your hotmail

5. Adriel Tan

Go to your oldest email message, you should see your welcome email message and check the date from there :)

6. Nikhil Chandak

y dont u upgrade ur hotmail account to outlook , outlook is better than hotmail !
    go to https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&ct=1354802466&rver=6.1.6206.0&sa=1&ntprob=-1&wp=MBI_SSL_SHARED&wreply=https:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2F%3Fowa%3D1%26owasuffix%3Dowa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail
    just enter ur email address of hotmail and the password ,and then sign in . and ur acoount will be upgraded from hotmail to outlook

They used to show you the date of your registration on the 'account' section but since they are moving to outlook.com at the moment, we cannot view it now. But probably they will be putting that section too. May be you ought to contact microsoft regarding this or check your first email.

• Douglas Mutay

He still can revert to the original hotmail setting and check the information as you described. I have never payed attention to this date...
      To revert to old hotmail format, click the gear and on the option choose "return to Hotmail" .

• Junil Maharjan

checked it myself. even if you go to the old hotmail, the setting are the same for both.

• Douglas Mutay

Oh sorry! I did not check the setting and didn't want even to revert to hotmail. So I guess you need to contact support and see if they can help... :-(

8. Shahbaz Amin

There used to be an option under Accounts page on Live.com but I don't see it anymore. It appears you now have to contact support team and answer some questions in PM to prove first you are the owner and then they give out this information to you.

Ref, MS website: http://bit.ly/SOFcqW

9. Alba Spam

Have you tried seeing if you still have that default email Microsoft sends you when you create the account? I still have mine with a timestamp on it :)