How much does MakeUseOf pay for Gigya Achievements and other functionality?

Anil indian April 7, 2013

Gigya’s premium membership costs around $1200 to get all it’s functionality. But I wonder how much does makeuseof.com pays Gigya for it’s usage(Gigya Achievements and other features).

Does anybody have idea about this?

Thanks!

1. Ahmed Khalil

can i ask what is Gigya site? and what is the relation between it and Makeuseof.com ?

• Aibek Esengulov

please see comments above

2. Chris Marcoe

Even after looking around Gigya's site, I'm still not sure what, exactly, it does. Are we talking about the whole commenting process on here? Or is it something else?

• Aibek Esengulov

The Gigya provides websites like ours with an option to add user accounts. As a result anyone can signup to makeuseof using their social account in a couple of clicks.

3. Aibek Esengulov

Hey Anil,

May I ask where did you get 1200$ from? Gigya offers several services (http://www.gigya.com/products/) and the pricing highly depends on the services being used as well as the size of the website (to be precise it is directly related to the amount of people which are going to use the social login). So the costs are likely vary from one website to another. Here on MakeUseOf we pay more than a double amount of that number.

MakeUseOf has a highly customized version of their offering. For instance our gaming system is very different from the standard offering and was mostly coded on our own.

Aibek

• Anil indian

The $1200 price I mentioned is per month. That price is quoted by their staff when I asked it a long ago.

That price($1200) is only for basic functionality and they said that varies depending on the requirement.