How much data do disk erasers delete?
Question by Logan James /

Will using an app such as “Wise Care 365″ disk eraser wipe my hard drive’s “in use data” (i.e. installed games, programs, software), or will it only wipe files I have deleted/uninstalled in the past?

• Christopher Webb-Orenstein

Someone suggested CCleaner. Just as a heads up, I used CCleaner recently, and it creates a large file that overwrites everything. However when it is done the file is supposed give back all the space. I’m still down 20 gb in storage space. I still looking at how to fix it.

• josemon maliakal

They will delete the unwanted temp files only…

• Naveen Kumar

i don’t know about this software but generally disk wipe means it will only erase deleted and uninstalled content. i will not wipe any other content

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

I usually use CCleaner, and it’ll only erase data in recycle bin and other temporary files. If you want to securely delete an existing file, find a file shredder.

Wise Care 365 disk eraser
    Disk Eraser executes a complete removal of the deleted data from your disk. And the erased data will never be recovered by any data recovery software.
    Disk Eraser uses three colors to mark your drive status.
    – Red means your drive is in danger because many files on it are found to be able to be recovered by recovery software.
    – Yellow means your drive is not safe because some files on it can be recovered by recovery software.
    – Green means your drive is safe because no files on it can be recovered.

• Dhaval Patel

The drive wiper generally have the option which provide you to select that whole drive will be erased or only free space (on which deleted files are present). If your app (Wise Care 365) doesn’t showing this option then just forgot it and download this free software. Ccleaner after installing this software run this software and under TOOLS tab you will have DRIVE WIPER. Here you can select the drive that you want to wipe, option of select the entire drive or just free space and also level of overwrite.

• Aniket Singh

u should try c cleaner free cleaner software with good ratings……

• Jim Chambers

Just to clarify my previous comment. Wise Care 365 is not a disk eraser as title of your question suggests. It is a housekeeping app similar to IObit Advanced system care that has several components that defrag, delete temporary files, clean the registry etc. The files could be easily recovered if not overwritten by new files.

• softwaredemons

NO it will not delete in use data it will delete files which are no longer in use like something you have deleted or files required for programs you have uninstalled

Never used this software, I use Piriform’s ccleaner for the job.