How many points can we gain on MakeUseOf daily?

Vedavyas Paruchuri April 8, 2013

I joined MakeUseOf of on 06-04-2013. I don’t know how many points I can gain on MakeUseOf daily for writing answers, sharing articles.

1. Sri Vastav Reddy

i always thought it's unlimited :o
    until now.

2. Vedavyas Paruchuri

Thanks for your reply... Is there any limit for posting answers for question in makeuseof daily??

i doubt that (there is always moderation Makeuseof can reject an answer), limitation is for points, not able to get more than allowed:(

• tinas

There is no limit for how many answers you can post.

However, there is a limit for low quality answers. If we suspect that you are spamming for points, we will down-vote your answers, delete them, and subtract points from your account. To avoid that, please answer sincerely and try to add value. Thank you!

In other news, you can earn a lot more points by sharing posts form the Main blog.

3. DalSan M

To me, the point system is just a bonus. I like to provide help in any way I can, regardless of how many points I may earn. If I were to try to gain as many points as possible, I would never leave this site and have no life. Be glad that there is a bonus as many sites and forums do not offer even a fraction of what MUO does. If all the secrets to this site were given, then it would be less special. Just know that quality of answers and posts mean the most, in which the points will follow. Just remember that if you can back up your answers, provide the links. Copyright infringement and plagiarism should not and will not be tolerated as that would create a problem for this site. If you find an answer somewhere, then provide the link and give credit where it's due. There are bonuses (extra points for people liking your post) as well as limits, which adds to why you should provide the best possible answer when replying to questions.

4. Rob H

Simply pursuing points degrades the usefulness of the system. Having been here for quite a while I've seen some abuses pop up, individuals harvesting points whilst providing no value, recycling other prople's answers for example. MakeUseOf invariably spot the abuse and modify the system (maybe not always as promptly as I'd like). If they give out too much information about how the system works it makes it easier to work out how it might be abused to earn extra points.
    As has already been said the best reward you can get from MakeUseOf is not the points but the well thought out answers you sometimes get to your own or other's questions. And having found some useful information here, become an active part of the community and pay back by making your own contribution to the collective fund of knowledge and experience.

If you are here just for the points then you are in the wrong place! You should be posting because you want to help people and not because you want as many free gifts as possible!

6. Chris Marcoe

I think there is actually a distinct possibility that Tina is answering the question wrong. Its my belief that its all wizardry or some unknown type. (J/K)

• tinas

Bad joke! ;)

7. Michael Heffner

I have found a daily limit of 50 on sharing articles, but after being here awhile, the points are just a bonus. The content is actually worth sharing points or not and is what keeps me coming back.

8. justinpot

To add to Tina's great summary: focus on quality, not quantity. One fantastic comment, loved by all, will earn you more points than 20 terrible comments. Quality is king here.

9. Tina Sieber

Vedavyas,

There are various limits in place, some daily, some absolute. So the amount you can gain daily varies.

For example you can earn up to 50 points for each comment you make. But since you only earn 1 point for making the comment, the additional 49 points are from people who like your comment.

We do not share all details of the point system and the limits. Note that we do change the system regularly and monitor flows of points to catch people who game the system.

• Ahmed Khalil

Sorry but as i understand now commenting not give points.

only sharing articals give you upto 100 points and replay on questions give you upto 50 points

• Tina Sieber

I should have specified: each comment on Answers earns you one point, at least for now.

As Ahmed said, no points are given for posting a comment on the rest of MakeUseOf.

• Ayush M

Hi Tina Do We Still Get Points For ANswering In Answer Community

• Tina Sieber

Not at the moment I'm afraid. But we're hoping to change this soon!