How long does it take for points to start showing up on my MakeUseOf account?

Tim Z July 9, 2013

I have not seen any points accumulate on my account. How long does it take for points to be awarded? I know it’s a simple question but I am brand new to this.

Thank you

1. Alan W

There is a couple of questions regarding this, my points havnt moved in a week!

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Have you been sharing articles? Followed on Twitter/Facebook? Subscribed to the newsletter? These are the only actions rewarded currently - not Answers or commenting.

2. MakeUseOf TechGuy

It's instant. If you're not getting any, it would imply it;s broken for you. Please email james@ this domain with a screenshot and list of plugins you're running, what browser etc.

• Lieschen M

hmm... not for me any more as well. Not since your latest changes :-(

Not only that I had to allow all kind of advertisements and tracking even just to be able to logon. Well, I know that running such a website consumes quite some bucks, but...

When posting e.g. an anwer to a tech-question it won't appear instantly as it used to, got it from the user Profile that it was posted at all. Nor have any points added.
      Due to the OS or browser??? --> Mac OS X 10.6.8, Chrome v. 27.0.1453.116

• Tim Z

Yesterday I signed up, followed on twitter, tweeted for friends to join, and tweeted an article as well as asked this question from my iPad. For this, I netted 71 points, which seems low considering 50 points were just supposed to be from following MUA on twitter. Most of the points didn't show up, however, until I repeated some of the above functions on my Mac. I seem to get points no problem when using my Mac but have to sign in over an over again anytime I navigate to a new page. Thanks for responding so quickly to my previous question. Cheers!

• Oron J

Lieschen is right, just noticed my points haven't gone up in the last couple of days.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

You no longer get points for answering questions and commenting, though I'm looking into ways to add them back soon. Sharing points are only available once per day (per network).

• Timur Z

I still haven't received an answer as to my point total from my initial day was correct or not and what to do to obtain the points I was supposed to receive. Please advise. Thank you. Tim Z.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Did you email me with a screenshot and list of plugins?