Osama Javaid

How I stop apps from running in the background on my Android?

01 Jan 2013
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Firefox 17.0.1
01 Jan 2013 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 | Firefox 17.0.1

I recently purchased my first Android phone (Qmobile Noir A10) with Ice Cream Sandwich installed on it. It has 512MB of RAM and 1GHz Dual-Core processor  This is my first experience with Android. I checked all the apps pre-installed on it the first day, including Facebook  twitter, Skype  maps, yahoo messenger, geo news etc and installed few new ones like IMDb, whatsapp and viber.

Now whenever I click on the menu button and go to ‘manage apps’ section and then go to the ‘running’ apps tab, I see many of the apps running in the background and using around 270-280 MB out of total 512MB RAM.

I do not want all the apps to be running and using RAM and wi-fi at all the times. I just want to launch these whenever I want and then close down completely when I close them without their automatic relaunching with phone restart. Please guide me.