How does Skyvi for Android compare to Siri for iPhone?

Rajaa Chowdhury November 26, 2012

Does Skyvi for Android support all the features as in Siri for iPhone? Can someone highlight what each one scores over the other and lacks in which areas?

1. rohit pandey

SIRI and SKyvi both are software application program for same perpose.
    both have similar scope but SIRI is better than SKyvi after the lots of upgradation which made after its comparison with AISHA of micromax....
    SIRI has lots of feature get more info about it..
    http://techtectology.blogspot.in/2012/01/siri-how-may-i-help-you-human.html

Can anyone please contribute, specially someone who uses both Android and iOS phone or tablet.

quite right, perhaps makeuseof article would be better:)

• Kannon Y

This is a really tough question because it requires familiarity with both iOS and Android to fully elaborate on the subject - very few people use both. The only person I can think of with this experience is MUO writer James Bruce, who recently migrated from the iPhone to Android. He was using the voice recognition feature in Google Now, not Skyvi, though, but it's similar enough to make basic comparisons. He did mention his intent to go back to iOS, however.

By the way, Jessica Cam Wong wrote a great piece on Skyvi and its various features here.

James was fairly impressed with Google Now's voice recognition - in many ways it compared favorably with Siri, although in other ways it was not as good. One of its major issues was in recognizing dialects of English, such as British English. Although GN was better for searching Google and getting information.

After reading your question, I went ahead and gave Skyvi a test run. My previous experiences are quite limited with Siri although extensive with Google Now. My impression of GN and its voice recognition is that it's quite good, but I should emphasize that the only feature that made it good was the integration with Google's other services. It lacks the ability to make calls and SMS.

Skyvi, in comparison to the two other services, seemed somewhat more developed and functional. However, I'm told that Siri has gone through major revisions since I last used it. But otherwise, they were more or less the same app. Texting, calling and voice recognition were about on the same level as Siri, though. Personally, I wouldn't get Siri as the difference between the two services doesn't justify the mad price differential.

Here's how to get Google Now on Android 4.0, although it requires root, which you (wisely so) choose to avoid.

Kannon Y,

I always find your answers structured, logical, informative and to the point. To be very honest, your answers are the ones which always help me out. Again thanks a ton, mate!!!