How does blocking on Facebook affect access to previously shared photo albums?

Anonymous September 4, 2013

If someone blocked me on Facebook, will they still see the old pictures I had previously uploaded and tagged them in? Once he blocked me I saw that the tags of him immediately disappeared from my albums. Will these old pictures still be in his albums? If I delete these pictures will he still have access to them on his page? Also, if he unblocks me will he have immediate access to my page without my knowledge? Can I reciprocally block him to prevent this?

1. Benjamin T

Facebook blocking stops a specific person from seeing your profile in whole. So your profile will not be seen by them, tags will be dropped and photos will not be accessible.

However, if you have your photos set to public. They can see through another user account or unlogged searching.

The safest thing is to change privary of your pics to only your friends.

Unblocking essentially unfriends the person. You will have to re-friend each other.

You can do a general block. Anyone of a specific name will not be able to see your account.

2. Silhoutte J

Yes you can immediately block him so that he would not be able to see any of the tagged pics.

3. Silhoutte J

Yes you can block him immediately, if you want him/ her not to see any of your tagged photos in future. But yes if he blocked you, he would not be able to see the pics you tagged him/ her

if you have a picture of you and a mutual friend and tag the mutual friend the blocked person can see the picture, but won't be able to see any comments.

Photos Privacy
    https://www.facebook.com/help/www/385017548218624