How do you unlock a Motorola Droid 3?

Anonymous December 10, 2013

How can I unlock my Motorola Droid 3? Do I need an unlock code or something?

Are you wanting to unlock the phone on order to use another service provider? If yes, then you may be able to do it for free by telling your service provider that you are leaving the country and need to unlock the phone to use a local service provider. If your phone is not activated for service with a service provider, then you would have to use an unlock service to unlock your phone.

There are plenty of services that you can find through a Google search, and even eBay sells unlock codes for many phones. Make sure to research the provider for these services so that you are using a legitimate company, and that the company would offer a refund if they cannot unlock your phone.

Note: Under the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), it may be illegal to unlock and/or root your phone unless your phone service provider gives you permission to do so, or they perform it for you. Using a phone unlocking service other than your phone service provider may be illegal.