How do you recover a memory card password?

Adyel Ullahil Mamun Akash March 18, 2013

I use a Nokia mobile phone. I locked my memory card with its default locking system. Now I have forgotten my password! There are some important files in my memory card so, what should I do?

My phone is a Nokia C1-01. Thanks in advance.

1. Silhoutte James

find your memory card's forgotten password by following these steps:
    Download and Install FExplorer.

Insert card into your s60 1st or 2nd edition phone but don't access it through phone.
    Run FExplorer and Open the path C:system.

You will find there a file named mmcstore , move this file to other location of your phone, rename the filemmcstore.txt

Open the file in your phone or Copy that file(mmcstore.txt) to your pc and open that file in notepad.

You will find your password in that file.

By this way, you can unlock memory card and recover your memory card's password.

or

Insert your locked memory card in phone.

Open the memory card options. You will see an option of format, select the format option. After formatting, you can at-least recover your memory card to reuse.

Connect your phone to PC and then locate the file mmcstore (c:/sys/mmcstore) and open it with notepad.The file shows you stored password.