How do I use Samsung’s ConnectShare feature to watch videos from my Zune on an HDTV?

September 24, 2013

I have the proprietary dongle required for this.

I would like too watch videos and DVDs from my Zune 30 on my Samsung 32″ LED HDTV, model # UN32EH4003/UN39EH5003 which comes with “ConnectShare”.

Can I do this, and if so, how? 

I am not sure what you mean with the proprietary dongle required?

As the Samsung states "ConnectShare Movie lets you watch videos, play music or view photos from a USB drive". That means you can store your music on a USB storage e.g. thumb drive, then connect it to the USB port of your television and play them using the "Media Play" menu.

The manual states that it supports drives formatted in FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. However, it also states that this is limited to "USB Mass Storage Class (MSC)" devices and "USB HDD is not supported".

So an external USB hard drive will apparently not work. I would assume this also applies to the Zune 30, as media player device usually act like a USB HDDs when connected as a storage.

The solution for you would probably be to copy the files from the Zone 30 to a USB flash using a computer and then connect the flash drive to your HDTV.