How do I upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 online?

Drsunil V October 20, 2013

How do I upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 online on my PC, with backup?

if interested
    How to Create or Download a Windows 8 and 8.1 ISO
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/18309-windows-8-upgrade-iso-download-create.html

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Your answers are welcome

2. Drsunil V

Thanks. Out of three PC windows versions : 7 and 8 and 8.1 which you like most and why?

The advanced features are touchscreen for using touch optimized apps.

Also,read the below article which is quite complicated to understand but is informative -

Windows 8.1 includes seamless, automatic disk encryption—if your PC supports it

• Drsunil V

• Susendeep D

According to my preference,if I'd a touch enabled windows device,then definitely I would like it to have Windows 8.1 installed as atleast some use can be utilized from the touch screen.

If I don't have a touchscreen device,then I would like to have Windows 7 as I like the aero feature which is sometimes productive to me.It has good looks and I would not like to sacrifice it so early in favour of latest Windows 8.1

For upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1,you'll have to buy the copy from Microsoft store.You can use the upgrade assistant software to upgrade to newer OS.

But only your personal data will be save and not settings which might not desirable for you.

So,a better way would be to try to buy Windows 8 online and it'll give you variety of options while upgrading from Windows 7 and will allow you to take system settings and other data in addition to personal data.
    Then after that you can go to Microsoft store to download(~3.5 GB) Windows 8.1 for free.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. System requirements for Win 7 and for 8.1 are same?

• Susendeep D

Yes,the basic requirements are same.

But to use advanced features,special hardware requirements are there which only a few systems now can fulfill.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Can you please specify the advanced features?