How do I upgrade the firmware on my Samsung Galaxy S2?

Stepfanie T August 26, 2013

I’ve had several problems trying to upgrade the firmware on my galaxy s2. The latest problem is that I can’t upgrade to the latest version of Kies. I am really frustrated! Before on the old version of Kies, I could upload the firmware upgrade onto my laptop but it wouldn’t transfer the new firmware upgrade onto my phone. Anyone know what to do? I need to get this fixed soon because my GPS is no longer working on my phone and I really need my GPS.

Firstly,try to hard reset your Galaxy S II to see if your issues goes away or not.

If it doesn't helps,then -
    Uninstall Kies and clean up all the registries left behind it by using CCleaner software.
    Download the latest version of Kies from Samsung site and then try to update your phone Kies using USB connection rather than via Wi-Fi.

Have you gone to the Samsung support website for your location to get the latest version of Kies (it should look something like this: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/)? If you can't update Kies, then uninstall Kies and install the updated version. If this doesn't work, let us know. Otherwise, go into Setting in your phone, select About Device, then there should be an option for Software Update. This should give you the latest over-the-air update for your phone, but may not be the latest update that is offered through Kies.