How do I troubleshoot an ADSL TP-Link TD-W8951ND router receiving a 045 error?

Sara S November 2, 2013

I work at an ISP company and we use ADSL+2 TP-LINK router for ADSL service. Recently I have faced many complaints from our client that their devices have stopped working.

When I troubleshoot the problem I find nothing wrong. The only option left is to reconfigure the modem.

However, when I try to reconfigure it I face the 045 error which said:

“the connectivity of the router line port is detected failed, please check your network connectivity and retry”

Although my connection is correct. I searched the Internet for a solution but I couldn’t find what causes the problem.

I hope that i find some explanation here.

The device: ADSL TP-link TD-W8951ND Router, which is receiving a 045 configuring error.

One forum post I found said that error 045 means wrong encapsulation. Therefore please check you have set it according to your providers specifications (PPPoE, PPPoA, PPTP, ...)

is it possible to update firmware? something to do with landline?

reset the modem just connect the telephone line to the modem , wait a minute, ADSL light is on, login on the modem to configure it . the ADSL light always off, contact your ISP to confirm that the telephone line is fine.