How do I transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC?

David Jamir February 9, 2013

1. Chinmay Sarupria

1) Plug in your iPhone to PC.
    2) Open My Computer.
    3 Double click on iPhone icon
    4) Double click on DCIM folder
    5) Cut/Copy your images to PC.

2. Dave Bakker

I've use Dropbox most. However, I had to make a slide show recently and I got the app PhotoSync. Works great for me, Worth a look.

3. Kevin Brown

On a Windows PC the easiest way to get pictures from your iPhone is to just use Windows Explorer

* Plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running
    * Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
    * Select “View Content”
    * Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
    * Copy in Windows as usual

4. Paolo Maffezzoli

There are different soltutions for your question, manually can be done by connecting your usb cable to your iphone , in this case it will be shown iTunes if installed or it can be shown the USB device request , then choose your convenient solution for the transfer. Another good option as already suggested is the cloud option, for example iCloud , Dropbox , etc.

5. Anish Parameshwaran

There are multiple ways of doing this - one of them is to install the iCloud client and enabling photostream. This way, you won't have to connect the iPhone to the computer since the photos will be downloaded onto the computer through iCloud's Photostream.

Another method is Dropbox, which creates a separate folder for Camera photos. This is a pretty good way to transfer photos across computers/platforms. Not to mention the more photos you add to the phone, the larger your dropbox drive becomes (to a limit)

And of course, manually moving the photos from the iPhone by accessing the DCIM folder in My Computer-->iPhone

6. Eric Weijers

The most convenient way to instantly make that happen, is to get an dropbox account and install the dropbox app.
    Use the “camera upload” feature and every photo you’ll take on your iPhone will be send to dropbox and all connected devices.
    Works perfectly between different operating systems!

7. Swaggrous Emeks

You can do that manually by connecting your usb cable to your iphone and browsing to the DCIM folder to find your camera pictures.

8. Nikhil Goswami

One word answer to your question : Cloud.
    icloud, Dropbox, box, google drive, skydrive... Pick any... All does a good work... Plus, for few of them, you do not have to even create new accounts. Example: Google drive works with your google account...

9. Richard Henry

I use dropbox's camera upload feature.

this works for photo taken by camera

you can use itunes to sync your phone and pc or use cloud storage like icloud, dropbox, google drive, skydrive to access your photos from anywhere.

12. ion popa

I'm using successfully CopyTrans Photo (; but it isn't free - you need a $19.99 license in order to use it...

13. Aska Nag

Perhaps this information will be useful to you.

open dropbox account add your photos from iphone to dropbox and then on your pc download from dropbox

Syncios iOS

• Vivien Lu

I have used Syncios iPhone Transfer for a few weeks, it is really an easy to use iOS manager. Free to get!