How do I take a screenshot with an Android 4.2 tablet?

Kamil K September 16, 2013

Hi, how are you? I own an Android tablet. In Android 4.1, there was a “quick launch” button (on the taskbar) that I used to take a screenshot. Now that I upgraded to Android 4.2, the icon is no longer there. How do I take a screenshot WITHOUT using the “Power+Volume Up” shortcut? Thanks.

See the below MUO article which discusses dome methods of taking screenshots in Android.It also says that there are also some specific ways you can take screenshots on your device which sometimes comes baked in as a feature by some manufacturer.

So,if you had mentioned your brand with model number of your tablet,you could had got more specific answers.

6 Ways To Take Screenshots On Android

Have a look at Screenshot ultimate app [no root] for taking screenshots.

2. Abdul B
  3. Christian C

Have you checked the power menu (long-tap power button) for the Take screenshot option? If it's not there you may be able to add it in Settings > Power options, although this does depend on your tablet manufacturer, from what I understand.

An alternative is to install a custom ROM with the function built in.

(Source: experience)

if you do not want to use Power+Volume Up then you need to use some android software that do not require root.