How do I stop the Windows 8 Pro System Properties dialog from closing immediately after opening it?

Thubten L September 23, 2013

When I right-click on the Computer icon on my desktop and choose “Properties” -> “System Properties”, the dialog opens for a second and immediately closes.

With that, the desktop goes blank and the color of desktop turns to solid blue. After a few seconds, all the desktop icons show up again. I am not able to access System Properties dialog even from Control Panel System Properties button; I get the same closing result as above.

How to solve this problem without refreshing PC or system restoring?

It sounds like System Properties is causing your Explorer to crash.

Have you looked into Event Viewer if it has any details on the crash?
    click Start, type "Event Viewer" in the search, it should come up right away

other then that open up an elevated command prompt and run the System File Check
    click Start, search for "command prompt", right-click and select "Run as administrator")
    then run the command "sfc /scannow"

Run the application troubleshooter.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

1) Open Command Prompt with administrative rights
    2)In the command prompt type in the following command: sfc /scannow