How do I stop my overheating PC from shutting down?

Eric April 24, 2015

My computer experiences overheating (it shuts down). However, the heatsink feels cool to the touch.

I’ve used the following applications to retrieve system temp and specs: Speccy and HWiNFO.

Changed heat sink, adjusted BIOS settings, reapplied thermal paste

My motherboard is showing hot tempatures in HWiNFO and producing blue screens despite being cool to the touch. Is it possible that I’m getting false readings, and my computer is shutting down as a fail-safe?

If I disabled the auto-shutdown safety feature in the BIOS, would I be risking my computer?

It never did this until a few weeks ago out of the blue.Image title

Image title

Image title