How do I stop my Nexus 4 phone from eating all my data?

June D December 6, 2013

I recently picked up a Nexus 4 phone and it ate all my data within the first day of having it. Is there any way of blocking the phone and apps from updating except when I allow it like I can on my laptop? Thanks guys

1. June D

thanks much worked like a charm!

• Susendeep D

June,

Kindly mark your question as resolved by clicking on upvote icon(thumbs up) of most appropriate comment.

• June D

Susendeep D I have marked as resolved and it is showing as resolved in history. Why do I keep getting emails to mark as resolved when I already have?

2. Bumferry H

This could be due to the phone "upgrading" itself if had a factory reset before you bought it, to wipe it clean of any apps and the like.
    To stop your data allowance from being eaten up again you could try the following:

assuming you have 4.4 (should be similar on 4.3 as far as I remember) you can restrict data usage the following way:
    SETTINGS>DATA USAGE> (options - the three dots on the top right)>RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA.
    this should halt apps from using your data plan and only update via wifi.

Hope this helps.

• June D

Added my data manager. Thanks