How do I solve the “assertion failed-debug” error in Windows Live Mail?

b1f88dc5b8a646f700b369b39d988b16 May 23, 2012

I cannot open ‘new mail’ or forward mail in Windows Live Mail. When I open live mail I get an ‘Assertion Failed:Abort=Quit,Retry=Debug,Ignore=Continue’ popup. I am able to receive my mail every day. This has only happened in the last week.

Hello, I would start by uninstalling Windows Live Mail and then download the most recent version and install it. Make sure to backup your folders/contacts, etc and then uninstall.

perhaps microsoft update didnt went well, check also if there are new windows update and install them.
    check the version

If you are using Windows Live Mail 2009, hokeys Alt + H + A
    If you are using Windows Live Mail 2011 hotkeys Alt + F + B

A couple of things you can try. You can roll back your system to a restore point prior to when you started getting the error mesage or you can reinstall MS Live Essentials over the top of the existing installation. The second method should not mess with any of your existing configuration settings (at least it hasn't in the past), but you should try the restore point option first.

• Taximart

I tried the restore point,but when I opened My Live Mail,it requested I update my live essentials and would not let me into my mail until I had done so